Terms & Conditions
The term solarplicity.com (or ‘I’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’) refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your name
- Your contact information, including email address and telephone number
- Your post code, number of bedrooms within your household for generating accurate estimations
- Your current electricity supplier for comparative purposes
- Your preferences and interests
- Any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Neither we, nor any third parties, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to international internet laws.
Energy Plan (Tariff) Terms and Conditions
Our full terms and conditions for contracts entered into prior to 18/11/2017 are available to download as a pdf.
Our full terms and conditions for contracts entered into onto or after 18/11/2017 are available to download as a pdf.
If you do have any questions, just get in touch. The document is fairly dense so we may be able to explain it to you over the phone.
EFL Tariff Terms and Conditions
- Domestic customers only.
- Tiered tariff, 1 year fixed.
- An early exit fee of £200 will apply if you leave the contract before the end of the fixed term period.
- Only eligible if you sign up to electricity or electricity and gas and not applicable for any gas only customers or any customers with pre-payment meters.
- £200 rebate will only apply to customer with an annual electricity consumption >=2,500 kWh (which will be based on the EAC we receive from the industry). Customers with a lower consumption (but higher than 1,500 kWh) will receive a lower rebate.
- The rebate of an annual consumption between 1,500 and 2,500 kWh (referred to as EAC) will be determined as follows; rebate = (EAC – 1500)/1000 * £200.
- This would mean customers with annual electricity consumption of 2,000 kWh receive a rebate of £100 and customers with an annual electricity consumption of 1,500 kWh or lower will not receive a rebate. Customers with an annual electricity consumption of 2,500 kWh or higher will receive a rebate of £200.
- We will credit the rebate to your bank account no later than 3 months after sign-up.
- Each household is only eligible for one rebate per year.
- Only eligible for new customers.
- Participation is subject to credit check.
- In order to receive the rebate, you must ensure that your account with us does not have any outstanding debt.
- Rebates will only be paid into a UK bank account, no other rebate method will be accepted.
- This tariff is a tiered tariff. Our Fair Market Price is split into two rates: 1. Our Initial Unit Rate 2. Our Unit Rate. This means customers start out on the Initial Unit Rate until they go over the consumption threshold. Once this happens, the customer automatically switches to the Fair Market Price Unit Rate. The Unit Rate is lower so the more energy you use, the less it costs.
Solarplicity – Facebook Promotion Disclaimer
By participating in the Promotion, you are deemed to have accepted the following terms and conditions:
- This promotion is being administered by Solarplicity Energy Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 06895776 and registered address Unit 8 Peerglow Centre, Marsh Lane, Ware, Hertfordshire (the “Promoter”).
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions, the following definitions shall apply:
- “the Promotion” means the campaign being undertaken by the Promoter on Facebook, whereby for every 100 (one hundred) likes or shares the Promoter’s videos (the “Qualifying Likes”) receive on the Promoter’s Facebook page (the “Site”) the Promoter will, in conjunction with CEE, install a solar panel on a Qualifying House in accordance with, and subject to, these terms and conditions;
- “CEE” means Community Energy Association (England) Ltd, a company limited by guarantee with registered number 09042561 and registered address Workstation, 15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, England S1 2BX;
- “Householders” means the primary occupant(s) of a Qualifying House;
- “Solar Panel System” means a Photovoltaic solar panel (PV) installation up to 2KW in size (8 Panels), and associated equipment connected into the house electrical system to provide the home owner free energy generated from the PV system to be installed free of charge at a Qualifying House by the Promoter and/or a member of the Promoter’s group of companies. Solarplicity will maintain the system through its lifetime of 25 years.
- “Qualifying House” means a household in England: (i) in which the Householders are aged 65 or older; and (ii) which is deemed to be in fuel poverty. For these purposes, fuel poverty is measured using the Low Income High Costs (“LIHC”) indicator. Using the LIHC, a household is considered to be in fuel poverty if: (a) they have required fuel costs which are above the national median level; and (ii) were they to spend that amount, they would be left with a residual income below the official poverty line;
- The Promotion shall commence on 16 November 2017 and, unless terminated earlier in accordance with these terms and conditions, shall continue until 9 December 2017 whereupon the Promotion shall automatically cease (the “Term”).
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel and/or amend the Promotion and/or these terms and conditions at any time without notice or liability.
- Upon expiry of the Term, the Promoter and CEE shall identify the number of Qualifying Likes received on the Site. For every 100 (one hundred) Qualifying Likes received on the Site, subject to Clauses 6 and 7 below, CEE shall select 1 (one) Qualifying House to receive a Solar Panel System. CEE’s decision as to the identity of the Qualifying House(s) shall be final. Householders of Qualifying House(s) will be notified within 6 (six) months of selection by CEE, and if a Householder does not respond within 1 (one) month of notification, the Promoter and CEE reserve the right to withdraw the selection and identify a replacement Qualifying House.
- The total maximum number of Qualifying Houses is 100 (one hundred) and the Promoter shall have no obligations or liabilities beyond that.
- The installation of a Solar Panel System at a Qualifying House is subject to: (i) the Householders entering into an installation agreement with the Promoter and/or a member of the Promoter’s group of companies; (ii) the Qualifying House being suitable for the installation of a Solar Panel System; and (iii) the Householders having all necessary permissions and consents for a Solar Panel System to be installed at the Qualifying House.
- The Promotion is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Qualifying Likes not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
- Personal data supplied during the course of the Promotion may be passed to third party suppliers only insofar as required for the purposes of the Promotion.
- The estimate of £1,000,000 (one million pounds) worth of energy over 25 years is based on the following assumptions: 1 million kWh, price per kWh 0.165, investment £165,000, solar 2 kWh 1600, KW 2, Average Yield 890, Energy kWh 1780, Saving Rate 0.165, Save per Year £293.70
- Save in respect of any liabilities which cannot be limited or excluded as a matter of law, in no event shall the Promoter be liable in respect of the Promotion and these terms and conditions under contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for: (i) any indirect, special or consequential losses; and (ii) for any losses exceeding a total maximum aggregate of £10,000 (ten thousand pounds). Statutory rights are not affected.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Promotion will be final (save as expressly set out in Clause 5 above) and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter and/or any other social network or third party.